19th March, 2020
To Our Patients and Their Families,
You Are In Safe Hand!
At Lara Village Dental our number one priority has always been the health and safety of our patients. Often in times of uncertainty, there can be a wealth of misinformation spread, especially in today’s digital age. As a leading healthcare authority in our community, we wanted to reach out to all of our patients regarding the COVID-19 virus, and to let you know the steps we are taking to alleviate any potential concerns.
Multiple locations in the world are responding to an outbreak of respiratory disease caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. The virus has been named “SARS-CoV-2” and the disease it causes has been named “coronavirus disease 2019” (abbreviated “COVID-19”).
WHO declared COVID-19 a pandemic 11th March. This is the first pandemic caused by a coronavirus, according to WHO. The last disease outbreak characterized as a pandemic was H1N1, or the swine flu, in 2009.
Our Infection Control Procedure
Coronaviruses are enveloped viruses, meaning they are one of the easiest types of viruses to kill with the appropriate disinfectant product.
At Lara Village Dental, we follow strict cleaning policies for the protection of both our staff and our patients.
- Our dentists have completed Department of Health Infection Control course specifically for COVID-19
- Each staff member maintains rigorous personal hygiene standards as well as using new gloves and face masks for every patient interaction.
- We pre-screen at-risk patients prior to making appointments
- We are providing Free medical grade hand sanitiser for patient use upon entry
- We are providing Free pre-procedural Hydrogen Peroxide Mouthrinse to patients when needed to protect you and our staff
- We use hospital-grade disinfectants across the entire office, with extensive room cleaning after each patient to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- After each use, all dental instruments receive the highest level of medical sterilization available.
These processes have always been of utmost importance in our office and will continue to be the universal standards we uphold for our community.
Who is at risk?
In Australia, based on what we know about coronaviruses, those most at risk of serious infection are:
- people with compromised immune systems (such as people who have cancer)
- elderly people
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples (as they have higher rates of chronic illness)
- people with chronic medical conditions
We recommend all of our patients to wash their hands frequently, avoid close contact with people who are sick, and stay home if you aren’t feeling well.
Please rest assured that we are following local and national updates daily and will continue to maintain the highest level of safety and patient care that you have come to expect. If you have any questions regarding your future appointments, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. We will be posting additional updates through Facebook and Instagram to keep our community and patients abreast of the latest updates regarding the current health situation.
Again, thank you for being a valued patient with Lara Village Dental. We appreciate your continued trust and confidence.
Together we can overcome these challenging circumstances and continue your path to greater health! We look forward to taking care of you at your next scheduled appointment.
Please contact us at 5282 5272 for any further inquires.